The Beginner’s Guide to Pinshape
Welcome to Pinshape! We’re happy to have you as part of our community. To help get you started we have compiled our, “Beginners Guide to Pinshape,” to get you up to speed on everything that you need to know to be an all-star Pinshape user.
What is Pinshape?
At Pinshape, we bring designers and makers come together to make high-quality 3D printed designs and products comprehensive, buyable, and shareable. Our goal is to help make 3D printing and all of the benefits it provides accessible to you, our users, through our quality controlled, easy-to-use community marketplace. Whether you are a designer trying to sell your work or a maker trying to find and print cool designs at home, we’ve got you covered!
How Do I Use Pinshape?
Getting started is easy! Here are some simple steps to point you in the right direction:
- Set up your profile. Do this by navigating to the Pinshape homepage and clicking on the “Sign Up” button in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Create a profile using your Google+, Facebook, or email account.
- Introduce yourself to the Pinshape community by filling in your profile with relevant information about you and your interest in 3D printing.
- Now that you’re all set up, it’s time to either: 1. View and purchase someone else’s 3D designs or 2. Upload your own designs.
To view or purchase someone else’s designs:
- Login in to your profile.
- Browse 3D printed products by clicking “Explore” at the top of your screen.
3. See something you like?
Keep Track of it by clicking the middle icon to put the file in one of your collections. You can view these items any time by going to your profile and clicking on the “My Collections” tab.
Like the item by clicking the heart icon to show the artist and other community members that you like the item.
Comment on the item by clicking on the speech bubble icon.
Buy the Stream the design by clicking the printer button or Download the design by clicking the arrow button.
To upload your own designs:
- Navigate to the homepage and click the “Upload” icon.
- Follow the prompts to fill in the relevant information and upload your design.
- Start sharing and selling your designs!
Here at Pinshape, we can help to connect you with the people and products that you want, and provide a place where you can interact with others who share your interest in high-quality 3D printing. We want to inspire other members of the 3D community to push themselves beyond what is currently possible, and we provide a platform that helps to make that possible. We’re happy to have you as part of our movement!